Swami Dayanand Charitable Education Foundation offers Merit Cum Means (MCM) Scholarship Program for Meritorious, Economically Underprivileged Students for pursuing Engineering, Medical and Architectural Courses in India. The aim of the scholarship is to enable poor and meritorious students to get higher education and help them realize their dreams.
This year the foundation aims to provide financial assistance upto 1,00,000 per student. There are about 200 merit cum means scholarship offered in the following categories:
- Smt. Shyam Lata Garg Gold Scholarships – Rs. 1,00,000 per annum (5 each)
- Smt. Shyam Lata Garg Silver Scholarships – Rs. 50,000 per annum (10 each)
- Sh. Anand Swarup Garg Memorial Scholarships – Rs.25,000 per annum (40 each)
- Sh. Ram Lal Gupta Memorial Scholarships – Rs.20,000 per annum (40 each)
- Smt. Shanti Devi Memorial Scholarships – Rs.17,500 per annum (45 each)
- Sh. Ram Ji Lal Memorial Scholarships – Rs.15,000 per annum (60 each)
30% of the total scholarships are reserved for women candidates.
AREAS OF STUDY : Engineering, Medical and Architectural Courses
Swami Dayanand Charitable Education Foundation.
Poor and meritorious students for pursuing Engineering, Medical and Architectural Courses in India.
Last Date for receipt of completed application forms
By Post: Sep 15, 2018
In Person / Online: Sep 15, 2018
Interested students can apply online by logging on to http://www.swamidayanand.org/ how-to-apply.
Eligibility Criteria for MCM Scholarship
- Students pursuing full time/regular courses in the institute/College recognized by the AICTE/State Education Board/MCI. Only students studying in 1st year or second year are eligible to apply for the scholarship (except for renewal of scholarships).
- Candidate should be studying in the Govt. College and selected private colleges for which they have taken admission by passing Competitive Examination conducted by Central/State Boards. (A proof of rank will be submitted for applying scholarships).
- Gross annual income of family of the candidate from all sources should not be more than Rs. 6.00 lakhs per annum. Students having lowest family income shall be given preference in the ascending order.Income certificate should be got issued from appropriate civil authorities of the State/UTs/Central Governments whose details have been specified under the head ‘Submission of Documents by Applicants’. Any Affidavit submitted as Income Proof shall not be accepted.
- Candidate must have secured 85% marks in 12th class.
- Grade Point Average should be atleast 7.5 in 10 points scale system.
- The candidates should not be availing or intend to avail any other financial assistance/scholarship from any other source. However, in case of student of getting fee waiver/reimbursement of tuition fees are eligible for applying for the scholarships.
Selection Criteria for MCM Scholarship:
- Selection of Scholar will be on the basis of merit and family background such as percentage of marks obtained in the course and annual income of the family. Eligible Students having the lowest income shall be given preference in the ascending order
- Decision of the Foundation with regard to selection will be final. No correspondence on the selection process will be entertained
- Selection of candidates will be made on the basis of merit. The Foundation has discretion to alter or discontinue the scholarship without any notice
- The eligible students will be intimated through email or at the address mentioned in the form
- The award of the scholarship shall not confer any right of employment with any company
- The scholarship will be paid in two installments.
- The foundation reserves the right to withdraw a scholarship awarded to any eligible candidate and seek repayment of any monies already paid, through all legal means, if such eligible candidate (a) is found to have misled the foundation, about any aspect of his/her eligibility (b) if it is found that there is any discrepancy or misrepresentation in any of the documentation/information provided by such eligible candidate
- The foundation in its sole discretion may change the terms and conditions, selection criteria, selection process and/or withdraw or increase or decrease the scholarship amount at any time without giving any prior notice.
How to Apply for MCM Scholarship?
- Interested students meeting above eligibility criteria can apply online by logging on to swamidayanand.org
- After successful registration, the candidate will receive confirmation email alongwith a copy of application form to take the printout.
- The student will take the print out of the application and submit it with copies of supporting documents for verification to the Institute.(Attestation is not required in the xerox copies).
The Institute will forward all the Applications to the Foundation.
- Income certificate.
- Copy of 10th, 12th Marksheets.
- Copy of Rank card of entrance examination
- Copy of Fee Receipt submitted by the student or Admission letter, in case of student who have taken admission this year.
- Two recent passport size photograph taken in last six months.
- Certificate of family income / BPL certificate / Certificate from local panchayat office for proof of annual family income / ITR
- Copy of ration card or ID proofs of parents
- Address proof/AADHAR ID
The complete application form should be sent to Scholarship Officer, Swami Dayanand Charitable Education Foundation, K-33 (GF), Kalkaji, New Delhi-110019
For any further queries, please email us at [email protected]